- A clinician by background, highly experienced senior manager with a proven ability and track record in both strategic and operational management in the acute sector predominantly within Cancer.
- Developed a cancer alliance to deliver the requirements of the national cancer strategy for a population across 5 STPs, 19 CCGs and 9 provider units to improve survival, improve patient experience and reduce variation.
- Successful bids approved by the national team for approximately £9M funding.
Efficiently developed a PMO structure and governance process to efficiently devolve cancer transformation funding.
- Successfully commissioned and implemented service to develop a Trust as a Cancer Centre.
- Expertly transformed existing chemotherapy sites to cope with increased demand, resulting in 30% more work with existing staffing levels and developing plans for future capacity.
- Track record of delivering positive change to ensure that targets are achieved and the organisation is continually moving forwards.
- Pro-actively worked with Macmillan Cancer Support to work in partnership to further develop capital plans for chemotherapy and outpatient services.
Developed Clinical Governance framework for the service to ensure safe and effective practice.
- Experienced at breaking traditional values, managing change and motivating staff at all levels whilst sensitive to different values of staff and patients.